To change your username:
- Log in to twitter.com and click on Settings from your profile icon dropdown menu.
- Under Account, update the username currently listed in the Username field.
Note: If the username is taken, you'll be prompted to choose another one.
- Click the Save changes button.
What's the difference between your username and your name?
- Your username appears in your profile URL and is unique to you. It's used for logging in, replies, and Direct Messages.
- Your name is a personal identifier (sometimes a business name or real name) displayed in your profile page and used to identify you to friends, especially if your username is something other than your name or business name. Change your name by following instructions here.
How long can names and usernames be?
- Your username can be up to 15 characters long.
- Your name can be up to 20 characters long.
If you're having trouble with usernames, please see our troubleshooting article for more information.