How to embed a timeline
Embedded timeline widgets give you the ability to embed a collection of Tweets (known as a timeline) on your own website. There are four types of embedded timelines available, all of which look and feel like timelines on twitter.com:
Note: Embedded timelines will only show content from users that have public Tweets. Content from users with protected Tweets are not compatible with any Twitter embedded timeline widgets.
To add an embedded timeline to your website
- Log in to Twitter on twitter.com.
- Go to your settings and select Widgets.
- Click Create new.
- Choose the type of embedded timeline you’d like and start to configure it:
- For Profile, enter the username of the account whose Tweets you want to display.
- For Likes, enter the username of the account whose likes you want to display.
- For List, select a public list that you own and/or subscribe to in the drop-down menu.
- For Search, enter your search query (for advanced searches, use Twitter’s search operators).
- Make sure to select Safe mode if you want to exclude sensitive content, profanity, etc.
- Customize the design by specifying the height, theme (light or dark), and link color to match your website. You can also configure your embedded timeline to auto-expand Tweets containing media.
- Click Create widget and then copy and paste the code into the HTML of your site. You’re done!